ATL: Stories from the Retrofuture
- Release: 2018-2021
- Genres; Sci-fi, Cyberpunk, Comedy, Mystery, Drama, Thriller
- Morgan Harding, nonbinary slacker with cybernetic powers, solves mysteries and deals with adult life in robot-filled 20XX Atlanta.
- 200+ chapters, 300,000+ words; this is a pretty long read, so get ready.
- Cover by Richard Gung. Other in-story art by various artists.
Hands Held in the Snow
- Release: 2019-2020
- Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult, LGBTQ+
- A moving LGBT+ fantasy coming-of-age story about two young women from very different backgrounds discovering each other and themselves in the midst of great turmoil in their city.
- 70 chapters, 110,000 words. It’s a bit longer than a standard romance novel.
- In-story illustrations by Mikayla Buan.
- (Also read the comic strip, “Hands Held in the Snow: Date Night.”)
Reborn on a Systemless Earth… With a System
- Release: 2020-2023
- Genres: Fantasy, Isekai, Contemporary, Comedy, LitRPG
- You know the setup. A young man on Earth hit by a speeding truck who ends up in a generic fantasy world. But what about this: A young man in a generic fantasy world hit by a speeding truck who ends up in modern-day San Francisco, and yet still wants to be a hero anyway? That’s how this one starts, and it just keeps on going.
- 175+ chapters, 200,000+ words. A good-sized serial so far.
- Cover by Mikayla Buan.
The Gay Gatsby
- Release: January 1st, 2021
- Genres: LGBTQ+, Comedy, Sci-Fi
- Nick Carraway meets a mysterious man named Gaylord Gatsby and his whole life changes. Look out at the rainbow light and get the hell ready for the new remixed, metafictional version of The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- 11 chapters, 69,000 words. It’s actually longer than the original book.
- Cover by Joi Massat.
- Release: 2017
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, LGBTQ+
- The crew of the XSS Savior, seven women strong, is headed back from yet another perilous mission across the stars when they receive a distress signal from an allied fleet. Apparently, they’re being attacked by a giant rainbow star that appeared out of nowhere, and, apparently, only this crew can save them. Things don’t go as expected.
- 47 chapters, 20,000 words. This is one speedy novella.
- Cover by Sarah McSquish.
Her Golemancer Girlfriend
- Release: 2021 – Present (ongoing)
- Genres: Action, Fantasy, LGBTQ+
- Amelia, a half-golem with a chip on her shoulder, comes to the high-tech city of Fleettwixt seeking her missing girlfriend, and revenge against the colonial corporation that plagues the land. She will destroy everything in her path to achieve these two goals.
- 150,000+ words so far.
- Art by Mikayla Buan.
The Anime That Changed Everything: Reflections on Madoka Magica
- Release: 2023
- Genre: Nonfiction, Essay, LGBTQ+
- Since 2011, the anime series Madoka Magica has been one of the most popular and influential pieces of pop culture. There’s something magical about the power a single twelve-episode TV show can exert on the world, and I want to examine why. This book collects eleven essays, all about Madoka Magica, its story, its LGBTQ+ themes, its fandom, and its immense impact on my life.
- A spinoff of my 2010s Retrospectives Blog Series.
Comics, Games, Animation
- Hands Held in the Snow: Date Night, 2021
- Side-Story to Hands Held in the Snow.
- Art by Ryuichirou.
- The Convenience Store on the Edge of Reality, 2020
- Quinlan Circle crossover comic.
- Art by Ryuichirou.
- Director, Writer, Producer, Editor, Barty’s Brew-Ha-Ha 4: Tale of the Legend of the Crystal Chubacabra, 2015
- Fan film sequel to the Barty Anderson series.
- Storyboarder, [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus, 2014
- Homestuck fan animation.
- Project Director, Writer, Sandswept: The Squiddle Session, 2012 – 2016
- Homestuck fan comic, including flash animations and video game segments.
- Writer of short spinoff comic: Rode & Kent in: The Babies Are Them! Art by Joi Massat.
Websites, Social Media Work
- Co-Founder, Quinlan Circle, 2018-present
- Story manager, writer, occasional editor.
- Editor, Co-Founder, Moonglasses Magazine, 2015-2017
- “There’s a reason these lenses aren’t rose-colored.”
- Writer for Screengeek.net, 2015-2016
- News and opinion pieces.
- Site Manager, Co-Founder, Home Clipart Animal Deer, 2015-2016
- “Where Literature Goes to Die”
- Social Media Manager, MSPA Prophet, 2012-2016
- Technically still running!
Short Fiction, Poetry
- Cultivine, 2021
- Gretel & The Really Hot Witch (Feat. Hansel), 2021
- The Anarchy Party, 2020 (Quinlan Vault)
- Just Love Me, 2020 (Originally published on Scribble Hub)
- Miniboss, 2020 (Quinlan Vault)
- On the Ship, 2018
- May I?, 2017 (Quinlan Vault)
- Ode to My Future Self, Georgia Southern Miscellany, 2016
- Outlooks on a Cloudy Day, Georgia Southern Miscellany, 2016
- Going Home, Elohi Gadugi Journal, 2015
- Home for Christmas, Slink Chunk Press, 2015
- James, John, Jane, Home Clipart Animal Deer, 2015
- Travelling Back, Litro UK, 2015
- Four Minutes After Ordering, GTK Creative Journal, 2015 (Also on Quinlan Vault)
- The Glory of Bowsette, 2018
- This fan fiction epic is 115 chapters long!
- Padparadscha’s Ride, 2018
- Steven Universe fan fiction.
- How Dense is Revenge of the Sith?, Home Clipart Animal Deer, 2015
- One of many early media essays from Home Clipart Animal Deer.
- The Madoka Series, by Thedude3445, 2013 – 2018
- Madoka Magica fan fiction.
- Writer, Visions of Etherflow
- Unfinished web serial from 2013-2014.
- Let’s Write A Story While Giving Blood!, 2012
- Osmosis Jones/Friday the 13th crossover fan fiction.
- The Bulbears: Lordess to Nomad, 2012
- Ironic Pikmin fan fiction.
- Original Lyrics and Vocals, Trol Seasson Rock Oprah: Continental Shift, 2012
- Homestuck (?) fan concept album. Ironic music.